All women will go through the menopause at some stage in their life. Most common is around mid-40s to mid-50 but some women experience it much earlier. It is a time of life that can be challenging, particularly as modern life can already be pretty stressful. Our Menopause Yoga classes are intended to help you positively navigate this often difficult time. We practice yoga, mindfulness and breathing techniques along with exploring lifestyle changes that can positively influence your experience whether you’re peri-menopausal, menopausal or post-menopausal.
MENOPAUSE YOGA IN CARDIFF
Yumi Yoga’s Menopause Yoga classes are all about helping to support you through your menopause experience, whether you are peri-menopausal, menopausal or post-menopausal. Our aim is to help you understand the menopause, including what is happening and why, as well as exploring a variety of yoga, breathing and mindfulness practices to help you to cope with the minefield of menopausal symptoms. We will share with you a range of techniques to help you cope with common symptoms such as: hot flushes, mood swings (and ‘meno-rage’!), loss of libido, brain fog, insomnia, anxiety and depression etc. to name but a few. We hope that, as you become familiar with the practices, you feel more confident in tackling your menopause symptoms and have the tools to help cope more positively with them.
We also look at lifestyle factors that can influence how you experience your menopause. As a modern menopausal woman, you are most likely juggling a busy work, home and social life whilst also navigating a rollercoaster of menopausal symptoms. This all adds to your stress load and being overloaded mentally plays a big part in how your menopause symptoms manifest. Yoga, mindfulness and breathing techniques all help you calm and cope with what life throws at you thereby helping to have a positive influence on your experience of menopause.
Our Menopause Yoga classes are relaxed and friendly and a great place to meet other menopausal women. Personally, I started my peri-menopause in 2015 and am now a few years into my post-menopausal phase, so I also understand all too well the trials that menopause can bring. You are not alone and sharing your experience with other women in the same boat can have a powerful positive effect on your mood and sense of community. Lasting friendships and important support networks are created in our classes.
There are 33 million women in the UK, a third of which are going through the menopause right now and will spend a third of their lifetime menopausal! Historically these women have been mostly ignored and unsupported through this inevitable period of their lives, but, thankfully, things are changing. Menopause doesn’t have to be dreaded and swept under the carpet – in fact research shows that if you fear it, your symptoms will be worse! We can taking control of our bodies, our minds and our menopause. We can help ourselves to experience this pivotal time of life with a positive outlook and armed with the tools to help us to navigate it as smoothly as possible.
Yumi Yoga’s Menopause Yoga classes are suitable for anyone in peri-menopause, menopause or post-menopause. No previous experience of yoga is necessary.
Claire is a qualified Menopause Yoga Teacher (BWY & Yoga Alliance) trained by Petra Coveney on her pioneering Menopause Yoga Teacher Training Course
Our classes run as rolling terms of 6 weeks each and take place at Whitchurch Community Centre on Wednesday evenings at 6.15pm. Please see schedule below for more information and to book your place. We also offer Private 1-2-1 sessions – please contact us for more information.
Potential Benefits of Menopause Yoga include:
- Help to understand what the menopause is and how the decline and fluctuation of hormones affect your body and mind.
- Help you to navigate your menopause journey and make informed decision about how to cope best with your symptoms
- Help you to understand lifestyle choices that can make a difference to your menopause
- Learn relaxation, mindfulness and breathing techniques to help you deal with everyday stress / anxiety which contribute to your experience of menopause
- Strengthening yoga poses to help combat the potential onset / symptoms of osteoporosis, decrease in muscle tone and weight gain
- Help to improve flexibility and mobility to help with common aches and pains
- Help to alleviate symptoms commonly experienced during peri-menopause, menopause and post- menopause including: Hot flushes & night sweats, migraine, mood swings, depression, low libido, low energy etc.
- Calming for mind and emotions
- Helping you to cope with the emotional transition from fertility to post-reproductivity
- Help you to feel confident and empowered in a world that still have an outdated view of menopausal women
- Shared experience with like-minded women in an environment of mutual respect and support